How to Choose a Weed Grinder
If you are a cannabis enthusiast, you probably know just how important it is to have a weed grinder. However, not many people invest in this vital tool. A grinder is a must-have tool for any cannabis enthusiast. Most people still use their fingers to squeeze the bud in bowls. By doing so, you are marginalizing the pleasure of your smoking experience.
Having an efficient grinder will greatly improve your smoking experience. You no longer have to use your hands when there is a more efficient and a tidy way to prepare your weed. Here are a few things to know when looking for best weed grinders.
The material used in making the grinder plays a vital role in your cannabis experience. You probably would not want to use an exotic material as a grinder. Here are some of the popular materials you can choose from:
- Wooden weed grinder – this grinder is the hardest in build and shape. They are hand made and you will not find many of them in the market. The wooden material gives you a unique vibe when you crush the herbs. Moreover, they have a natural appeal and are suitable for people who love organic materials. One flaw with this material is that your material will mix with the wood varnish.
- Metal weed grinder – there are more and more cannabis users who prefer this material. You can choose either titanium or aluminum. The aluminum is the most common metal grinder. The aluminum grinder is safe and you do not have to worry about the toxic substances entering your lungs. You can simply shake off any flaking and remove them with a brush.
- Gold grinders – these grinders are the most prestigious on the market. However, they are very expensive and go for about $1,500.
- Plastic grinders – plastic is the most affordable of the grinder materials. However, they are not long-lasting. It is a great option for smokers who want a simple solution.
- Electric weed grinder – this is the best for those messy dry herbs. They are modest in size and battery-powered. The electric grinder is capable of grinding up to three grams at a time.
The more compartments, the better functionality the grinder will offer. There are three main types of grinder compartments. They include:
- 2 piece grinders – these have one compartment that grinds the herb. They are easy to clean and affordable. The 2 piece grinders are suitable for at-home use. However, its main problem is consistency in size. It is also hard to remove the material because the teeth stand in the way.
- 3 piece grinders – the 3 piece grinders have holes that allow the small herb pieces to fall into the second compartment. It has two shredding pieces and an extra compartment to collect the ground product. After grinding, all the material fall into the third compartment where you can store the product to use later.
- 4 piece grinders – this grinder piece has three compartments and is the most popular. The third compartment is made for kief. It has a fine mesh that collects pollen from the ground product. The grinder piece also has a screen that allows the residue to pass through to the chamber that collects the kief.
- 5 piece grinders – it is not as popular as the four-piece grinder but it is the most advanced. It has two different mesh screen sizes that allow for the collection of finer collection of pollen.
Nowadays, there are grinders in different grinding styles, compartments, sizes and other features. All these features allow you to get a smoother and desirable product.
It is also important that you consider the size of the grinder. The size you choose depends on your consumption habits. Look for a size that best suits your needs. There are different sizes you can choose from.
- Mini-sized grinders – the small grinders are normally in 40 – 50 mm in diameter. They are suitable for people looking for something discreet. Their small size also makes these grinders perfect for travelling. The grinders are also ideal for users who want to grind half a gram at a time.
- Medium-sized grinders – these grinders measure 62 – 70 mm in diameter. The grinders are portable and discreet. Unlike the small size, the medium-sized grinder gives you more room to grind your material. It is capable of handling about 2 – 3 grams at a time.
- Large-sized grinders – the large grinders are 75mm in diameter and can even be 110mm or larger. If you want to grind large material, then this is your grinder. However, you may not be able to put them in your pocket. They are for heavy consumers who want to grind 3.5 – 7 grams at a time. They can also handle more than half an ounce of material at a time. The grinder size are heavy, high quality and durable.
Your budget is a vital consideration when you are looking for a grinder. There are some grinders that are more expensive than others. It is important to find a suitable one with the best price. However, the price is the last thing you need to consider after everything else. It is crucial to first narrow down the important things before coming to the price. Once you have decided on a suitable one, you need to go to different manufactures to get the affordable option.
There are many weed grinders in the market that make it hard to choose the suitable one. Look for one that meets your preferences, style and budget. If you are having a hard time making a decision, the above tips will help you out. Whether you are looking to replace your old grinder or you want a new one, you must choose the right one. You will get the grinder that meets your needs when you do your research.How to Choose a Weed Grinder If you are a cannabis enthusiast, you probably know just how important it is to have a weed grinder. However, not many people invest in this vital tool. A grinder is ]]>