Blueberry Hemp Ancient Grain Granola
Be sure to also try out our Blueberry Hemp Granola Bars for your next snack break!
Sweet, juicy blueberries + nutty hemp seeds combine with ancient grains for a purely crunchy, salty sweet taste. Sprinkle over a smoothie or bake into a summer crisp—we promise you won’t be able to stop at one bite.
Organic Gluten-Free Oats, Organic Coconut Sugar, Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil, Dried Blueberries (Blueberries, Sugar, Sunflower Oil), Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Puffed Amaranth, Organic Hemp Seeds, Organic Quinoa Flakes, Organic Chia Seeds, Organic Cinnamon, Salt.
Made in a facility that also processes soy, milk, eggs, peanuts and other tree nuts.
Coconut sugar is an unrefined sweetener that we sustainably harvest from Indonesia. Measuring low on the glycemic index (35), it is also contains essential nutrients—high in many vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and B vitamins.
Blueberries are considered to have one of the highest antioxidant capacities among fruit. They are essential for combating free radicals that can cause cellular structure damage and DNA damage. These amazing berries can also increase memory and have a low GI–perfect for afternoon snacking.
Chia seeds are a powerful superfood once used as currency for its exceptional value. The Aztec warriors used this endurance seed, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and complete protein to run great distances.
Hemp seeds were first used in China over 6000 years ago as a staple food. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and protein, hemp seeds are considered a perfect food. This superfood is also rich in sulfur, known as the beauty mineral, as well as iron and vitamin E.Our gluten-free blueberry hemp granola is the perfect mix for a crunchy, salty sweet taste. Enjoy over a smoothie, in a crisp, or as a snack. Order online.
Gluten Free Granola Bars w/ Hemp
These perfect hemp gluten free granola bars are chewy and full of good-for-you ingredients. Making your own granola bars is exceedingly easy, rendering those expensive or loaded with junk store bought ones a thing of the past! Make an after school snack today everyone will love!
Hemp seeds and flax meal are great nutritional boosts to these healthy gluten free granola bars. Loads of fiber to help everyone feel satiated longer. I reduced the sugar considerably (while still plenty for us!), and will sometimes sub Lankanto Monkfruit for the palm sugar to reduce it even further. Either way, the healthy fat from the coconut oil slows the absorption of sugars so giant blood sugar spikes and crashes are avoided.
After school snacks are always great to have on hand. If you are like me, you want to try and make something that is kid pleasing, but still loaded with good things for their growing bodies.
Hemp seeds are a great addition into any diet for loads of reasons:
- Have omega 6’s and omega 3’s, two essential fatty acids
- They are high in fiber to keep you full longer and help with regularity.
- They have a good amount of GLA’s (Gamma Linolenic Acid), great for regulating hormones
- Research has shown them to be beneficial for lowering blood pressure and raising your good cholesterol!
These hemp granola bars will satisfy hunger and and make a great, healthy snack for your family.
Don’t forget to personalize your gluten free granola bars to your own tastes with the mix ins….lots of options!!
- chopped nuts, toasted or otherwise
- any dried fruit, small pieces
- dark chocolate chips, or we used the Trader Joe’s “Rainbow Drops” here as an added treat…my kids love the bright (dye free) colors! They have the M & M style or sunflower seed style!
- coconut shreds, or toasted or not
- Chocolate topping: just make a basic bar, then melt 1/2 cup of dark chocolate and drizzle over the top of the already baked bars
Like hemp and want more recipes using them? Here are some you could try!
- Raw Brazil Nut Lime Hemp Bars
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Oat Hemp Muffins
- Whole 30 Ranch Dressing @ Whole New Mom via Worth Cooking
- Hemp Heart Porridge @ Healthful Pursuit
- Chocolate Hemp Protein Muffins @ Forest & Fauna
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Hemp Cookies @ Gluten Free Easily
Gluten Free & Vegan Hemp Granola Bars Recipe:
Whether hiking or packing a nutrient dense lunchbox, these hemp granola bars are sure to be a hit!Gluten Free Granola Bars w/ Hemp These perfect hemp gluten free granola bars are chewy and full of good-for-you ingredients. Making your own granola bars is exceedingly easy, rendering those ]]>