Does CBD oil help athlete’s foot?
Does CBD oil help athlete’s foot? With people living, working, and playing in closer proximity (well not at the moment) than ever before. Now nearly everyone frequently uses locker rooms, exercise studios, hotels etc. Where the fungus can spread direct.
What is CBD?
CBD is 1 of 113 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant and accounts for up to 40% of the plants extract. What does CBD oil stand for? CBD oil stands for cannabidiol. It’s a natural occurring substance that’s used in products like oils and edibles to impart a feeling of relaxation and calm. Unlike it’s cousin, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the active ingredient. CBD and THC are the main cannabinoids in the hemp plant.
How doe’s CBD work?
Cannabidiol works by entering the body and connecting to receptors. These receptors are called CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptor plays the role in helping with health and disease, cardiovascular and motor control and are primarily located on nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. Whereas CB2 receptors helps with the immune system by managing pain and inflammation. CB2 receptors are mainly found on white blood cells, in the tonsils and in the spleen.
What is athlete’s foot?
Athlete foot is a fungal condition that generally affects the areas around the toes. The medical term for athletes’ foot is tinea pedis. It’s a fungus that thrives in moist and warm conditions. Things like sweaty shoes are the causes for the contagious condition. It can also be spread directly for example if someone walks over the infected area or someone uses an infected towel.
Symptoms of athlete’s foot
Athletes foot usually starts with a mild itching and burning in between the toes, which are usually most noticeable when you take your shoes off. A scaly rash can spread from the spaces in your toes, to the sides and to the tops of your feet. If you touch your feet when you’re carrying the infection, unfortunately your hands can become infected too.
Myths of athlete’s foot
When it comes to athletes’ foot, there are many myths, some very amusing. Below there will be a list of the best myths about athletes’ foot.
- Only athletes can get athletes foot. This isn’t true the reason athlete’s foot is called athletes foot is because the fungus that causes it, typically hangs around locker rooms and showers where athletes are at frequently.
- Athlete’s foot can be prevented by regularly showering. Showering alone will not clear up the fungus that causes athletes foot. But, keeping them clean and dry can prevent the fungus from coming back.
- Only people with poor hygiene habits get athletes foot. This is not true even the most hygienic people can get athletes foot, even if you washed your feet several times a day. However, drying your feet fully after each wash could help in preventing it.
- You can only get athletes foot if you walk barefoot in areas where the fungus is living. Sharing socks, shoes and towels with a person can lead to getting athletes foot.
- There is always peeling between the toes, with athletes’ foot. Athletes foot looks different in every person. Crackling and peeling can happen to some people between their toes. Whereas others suffer from dryness or redness at the bottom of their feet.
- The feet are only affected by athletes’ foot. It can extend to other places if you itch your feet, then itch other places or through contaminated clothes or sheets.
- It will heal on it’s own. If you don’t treat it, your feet will become itchier and result in more serious infection.
- You can stop treatment as soon as your symptoms are gone. Continue using the medication for as long as recommended, to stop it from returning.
- Once treated it won’t return. Even after treatment, if you neglect the steps to prevent it, it can return.
- Cotton socks stop you from getting athletes foot. The opposite is true, the best option is synthetic fibre socks due to their better absorption of moisture.
Does CBD oil help athlete’s foot?
So, Does CBD oil help athlete’s foot? Due to CBD having anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressant, and analgesic properties. It can help reduce bacterial accumulation, regeneration of cells, healing, and repair of skin, decrease inflammation and associated pain. Due to CBD been completely natural, it has no side effects or risk of addiction or death unlike other medication. Also, CBD protects the immune system, which is important to those who suffer from other conditions and diseases. These qualities can help prevent and resist bacterial, viral and fungal infections as well as help to treat the problem.Doe’s CBD oil help athlete's foot? With people living, working, and playing in closer proximity (well not at the moment) than ever before. Now nearly… ]]>