GNC Has Officially Started Selling CBD Supplements
One of the most popular supplement chains is cashing in on the rise of CBD.
With over 4,500 stores in the United States and Canada, GNC is one of the largest retailers in the supplement world. That’s why it’s news that they’ve announced they’ve started selling cannabidiol (CBD) supplements.
The compound was outright illegal until Congress legalized industrial hemp just last year, but even though the FDA has yet to specify lawful pathways for products that contain CBD, that hasn’t stopped countless companies from launching CBD-based products at an extraordinary rate.
Twelve of them have been introduced to GNC’s line, which includes topical creams and shampoos from Physician’s Grade and Myaderm. No mention has been made of whether they’ll be providing CBD products that can be inhaled or consumed.
Why all the hype over CBD? It’s a powerful antioxidant that appears to help with inflammation, even when applied topically. Given its history as an illegal substance it’s been hard to build a wealth of studies, but research has suggested that CBD can be a powerful method of fighting inflammation, reducing pain, and possibly improving sleep and reducing anxiety.(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)
When it comes to topical ointments, rodent studies have found that it can alleviate symptoms of arthritis.(3)(8) Why the CBD shampoo, though? The companies claim that it may help to improve hair density, but research is lacking in that area.
“There’s more evidence that it can exert anti-inflammatory effects on the scalp and help with cell regeneration,” says Austin Katz, the founder of Shea Brand, which produces CBD-based products. “Both CB1 one and CB2 receptors are found in hair follicles. What’s cool is that it’s not pro growth or anti-growth; it’s simply regulatory.”(9)
[Don’t miss our complete guide to the benefits of CBD for athletes.]
The market seems to agree that GNC has made a smart move — their shares increased in value by about 13 percent after the announcement. The products are available at GNC now.
Featured image via ElRoi/Shutterstock
1. Klauke AL, et al. The cannabinoid CB₂ receptor-selective phytocannabinoid beta-caryophyllene exerts analgesic effects in mouse models of inflammatory and neuropathic pain. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2014 Apr;24(4):608-20.
2. Woodhams SG, et al. The role of the endocannabinoid system in pain. Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2015;227:119-43.
3. Philpott HT, et al. Attenuation of early phase inflammation by cannabidiol prevents pain and nerve damage in rat osteoarthritis. Pain. 2017 Dec;158(12):2442-2451.
4. Petrosino S, et al. Anti-inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychotropic Cannabinoid, in Experimental Allergic Contact Dermatitis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2018 Jun;365(3):652-663.
5. Shannon S, et al. Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series. Send to Perm J. 2019;23:18-041.
6. Zuardi AW, et al. Effects of ipsapirone and cannabidiol on human experimental anxiety. J Psychopharmacol. 1993 Jan;7(1 Suppl):82-8.
7. Bergamaschi MM, et al. Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011 May;36(6):1219-26.
8. Hammell DC, et al. Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis. Eur J Pain. 2016 Jul;20(6):936-48.
9. Telek A, et al. Inhibition of human hair follicle growth by endo- and exocannabinoids. FASEB J. 2007 Nov;21(13):3534-41.
Does GNC Sell CBD Oil – What You Should Know
Due to the increased popularity of CBD oil – resulting from the millions upon millions of people who are experiencing relief from their various health ailments, especially relief from pain and inflammation – GNC is now offering its own CBD topical products to meet the needs of their customers. These products include two major brand lines that offer high-quality, lab-tested skin-care topicals such as creams, lotions, gels, and shampoo.
Does GNC Sell CBD Oil – The Highlights
- GNC is a nationwide health and wellness company with over 8,400 locations that offer superior-quality, health-promoting health and beauty products, including hemp-derived CBD topical products.
- GNC saw the many health benefits that cannabis oil can offer and therefore decided to offer their own CBD oil products that could benefit their growing customer base.
- Some of the most well-known health benefits that CBD oil products offer people are decreased pain and inflammation, better sleep, and a reduction in anxiety.
- GNC has two CBD brands that they sell, Myaderm and Physicians Grade – both of which create CBD topicals for inflammation and pain reduction as well as for better hair growth.
- All of Myaderm and Physicians Grade CBD topicals are made with the highest quality, non-GMO, CO2 extracted CBD oil and include products such as creams, lotions, gels, and shampoo.
GNC Holdings is a world-renowned, 85-year-old health and wellness company that has franchise operations in 50 countries. The United States alone has 6,200 stores out of its 8,400 locations.
They provide top-of-the-line dietary supplements and beauty products which include both their own private-label products as well as their popular third-party brands. Most of these products are only sold at online or retail GNC stores.
GNC prides themselves on not only on offering products that are high-quality and originate from well-known companies – including their own brand – but also on their superior customer service.
Recently, they have decided to join the cannabis craze and start their own like of hemp-derived cannabis products.
Why Did GNC Start Selling CBD Oil?
GNC Holdings, like most large and successful companies, take notice when the market changes and consumer demands for certain types of products start to grow. Being a worldwide health and wellness company, they not of the fact that consumer demand was suddenly starting to drastically rise due to t he healing benefits of CBD. Whether taking medical marijuana or using hemp-derived cannabis products such as CBD capsules, CBD vape, gummies, or other CBD edibles , millions of people were experiencing relief from many various types of health disorders and diseases. These people were also seeing overall improved health and quality of life. Therefore, GNC knew they had to offer their own line of hemp CBD oil products in order to meet the needs of their customers.
Furthermore, with the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, which officially allowed companies to utilize hemp extract and produce CBD hemp products, GNC was legally able to take action in producing their own cannabis products. Consequently, they partnered with outside CBD companies and are now offering their own brand of CBD hemp products. The following health benefits are what one can potentially experience if they buy CBD products from GNC:
CBD Helps With Inflammation
Inflammation is a part of the body’s immune response to stress and other toxic factors. What cannabidiol hemp oil – not to be confused with hemp seed oil which does not contain CBD – does is work with the endocannabinoid system, more specifically the CB2 receptors that regulate immunity and pain, to produce more balance and homeostasis in the body. The CBD cannabinoids come in and activate the CB2 receptors, thus lowering inflammation and pain.
CBD Relieves Anxiety
The effects of CBD in relieving anxiety have been well noted by the medical community. Many studies have proven CBD’s potential in alleviating anxiety.
The same CB2 receptors that regulate immunity and pain perception also have the ability to regulate mood when CBD is taken into the body. Thus, people can feel more calm and relaxed with less worrying thoughts and other physical symptoms that result from an anxiety disorder.
CBD Improves Your Sleep
Cannabidiol can regulate sleep by activating the CB1 receptors. Once activated, the brain signals to stay awake and alert are regulated and better sleep – both in quality and duration – can be had.
CBD Helps With Pain
CBD is probably most well-known for its ability to help reduce chronic pain in people with certain health conditions. Cannabidiol is successful as a pain reducer due to the above-described effects it has on the CB2 receptor. It regulates intense pain signals, thus lessening the pain itself.
Many types of chronic pain have been improved from various disorders and diseases such as multiple sclerosis, diabetic neuropathy, epilepsy, arthritis, cancers, chronic migraines, depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder to name a few.
What CBD Products Can You Find At GNC?
You can buy CBD products at GNC in two different brands: Myaderm and Physicians Grade. Both produce pharmaceutical-grade, lab-tested, pure topical skin-care CBD products that can help relieve pain, inflammation, and create optimal health and well-being.
Most of the following high-quality products are made from the hemp-derived cannabis plant and not the marijuana plant. Therefore, these CBD products do not contain THC. The exception would be the scalp treatment containing levels of THC, at or below, three percent.
Myaderm CBD Cream
Myaderm CBD Body Cream is a citrus-scented topical lotion that can be applied to any sore or pained areas of the body. Myaderm uses the latest deep-tissue transdermal technology in their creams to help customers receive optimal relief.
There are four different sizes and types of Myaderm CBD cream:
- Myaderm CBD Body Cream .5 ounce with 350 milligrams per container $19.99.
- Myaderm CBD Body Cream 1.7 ounce with 1200 milligrams per container. Cost is $49.99.
- Myaderm CBD Body Cream Double Strength 1.7 ounce with 2400 milligrams per container. Cost is $79.99.
- Myaderm CBD Sport Cream 1.7 ounce with 1200 milligrams per container. Cost is $49.99 .
Physicians Grade CBD Roll-On
Physicians Grade Cool Mint CBD Roll-On is a menthol-based roll-on gel that alleviates pain, soreness, and inflammation to desired areas of the body. The CBD contained within this roll-on is in a CO2 extracted isolate form. This allows for high CBD concentrations to absorb directly into the body, relieving undesired symptoms.
Each three-ounce bottle contains 750 milligrams of CBD isolate and costs $44.99.
Physicians Grade CBD Cream
Physicians Grade Advanced Relief Cooling Cream is a menthol-based, fast-absorbing cream that contains 750 milligrams of CO2 extracted CBD isolate, 10 percent EMU oil, and Arnica for even stronger pain relief.
For each four-ounce bottle, the cost is $49.99.
Physicians Grade CBD Shampoo
Physician’s Grade Revitalize Ultra-Nourishing CBD Shampoo is an enhancing shampoo that helps to make hair healthier and thicker. Formulated with 100 milligrams of CO2 extracted CBD and Anagain, this shampoo fortifies and strengthens hair over time.
Each eight-ounce bottle costs $39.99.
Physicians Grade CBD Scalp Treatment
Physicians Grade Reactive Leave-In CBD Scalp Treatment is a stimulating and soothing scalp treatment for people who wish to not only grow thicker hair but to also have a healthier scalp. This scalp treatment contains 100 milligrams of CO2 extracted CBD plus Anagain.
It is well to note that there is a three percent THC content. This means that the CBD was derived from a marijuana-based cannabis Sativa plant. However, fortunately, three percent THC, especially when applied topically, is not strong enough to cause any psychoactive high.
For a two-ounce bottle, the price is $39.99.
Physicians Grade CBD Lotions
Physicians Formula Ultra-Hydrating Luxe CBD Lotion is a creamy and moisturizing powerhouse for the skin. Containing super hydrating ingredients such as avocado oil, green tea extract, coconut oil, and marula as well as the invigorating essential oils peppermint and lavender, This CBD lotion will not only leave skin feeling and looking healthier but it will also calm inflammation and pain.
Each 50-milliliter bottle costs $44.99.
SpaRoom CBD Oil
SpaRoom CBD oil is a blend of both full-spectrum hemp CBD oil and essential oils that help to soothe anxiety, stress, fatigue, and sleepless nights. SpaRoom CBD oil comes in three different types and is also sold as a mini-set of three:
- CBD Oil Energy contains CBD oil as well as the invigorating essential oils eucalyptus, citrus, and peppermint. Each 30-milliliter bottle contains 250 milligrams and costs $39.99.
- CBD Oil Tranquil contains CBD oil as well as floral and citrus-scented essential oils. Each 30-milliliter bottle contains 250 milligrams and cost $39.99.
- CBD Oil Sleep contains CBD oil as well as herbal and floral-scented essential oils. Each 30-milliliter bottle contains 250 milligrams and costs $39.99.
- CBD oil – Mini-set of three: CBD Oil Energy, CBD Oil Tranquil, and CBD Oil Sleep. Each 10-milliliter bottle contains 83 milligrams. Buy CBD oil for $39.99.
These oils are made with non-GMO, organic, CO2-extracted hemp CBD oil.
Does GNC Sell CBD Oil – Final Thoughts
Due to the ever-rising demand for high-quality CBD oil, GNC is now offering their own hemp-based CBD topical products to serve their growing customer base. At GNC, you can expect quality CBD products that offer relief from the many aches and pains of the body.
Unless you live in a state or country that does not offer CBD products at their GNC locations such as Connecticut, Arkansas, Florida, Delaware, Hawaii, Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, Montana, Nevada, Nebraska, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, South Dakota, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Texas, Puerto Rico, or Wisconsin, you can visit the nearest GNC or go online to see how these products work for you.Due to the increased popularity of CBD oil – resulting from the millions upon millions of people who are experiencing relief from their various health ]]>