6 CBD stores have popped up in Greenville since October, and more are coming. Here’s why.
Does CBD Oil make you high? Dr. Michael Privitera explains the affects of CBD Oil based medications. Cincinnati Enquirer
Editor’s note: This story has been updated and may continue to be updated listing additional CBD retailers, including some that have newly opened, since this article was originally published on March 27, 2019.
Stores centered on selling cannabidiol products have seemingly popped up overnight in Greenville, with six stores setting up shop since October.
- GVL CBD Co. is a wholesaler that opened in October 2018. Their products are available online or at various retailers, both of which are listed on their website, gvlcbd.co.
- Your CBD Store opened in November 2018. The first Greenville location is at 1461 Woodruff Rd., Suite C, Greenville, SC 29607. Two more are planned to open on Augusta Street and North Pleasantburg Drive by May 1.
- Purely CBD of Greenville opened in December 2018. You can find the shop at 102 W. North St., Greenville, SC 29601.
- Grassroots Remedy opened in February 2019. It’s located at 1791 Woodruff Rd., Ste. L, Greenville, SC 29607.
- CBD Greenville opened in March 2019. You can find the shop at 3109 White Horse Rd., Greenville, SC.
- CBD Farmacy opened in March 2019. You can find the shop at 3009 Wade Hampton Blvd., Taylors, SC, 29687.
Commonly known as “CBD,” cannabidiol is a cannabis extract that, unlike THC found in marijuana, won’t get you high. It’s gaining steam for wellness uses and can be found in oils, body lotions, bath scrubs, candy, and even dog treats.
An assortment of CBD oils are on display at Get Weird Vape Smoke Shop on Monday, Oct. 22, 2018. (Photo: JOSH MORGAN/Staff)
The cannabis industry got a huge boost this past December after President Trump signed the Farm Bill, which made it legal for hemp to be cultivated on a large scale. In turn that’s paved the way for more businesses to have an opportunity to create hemp-based products, like CBD oils and lotions.
That change in the law was a factor in some of the openings, but not all of them. GVL CBD Co. was influenced by the Farm Bill, managing partner Aaron Schuyler said, as was Purely CBD of Greenville, that store’s owner, Cassandra Watts, said.
But for Your CBD Store, Grassroots Remedy, and CBD Greenville, the product’s health benefits were the main driving force behind the openings, spokespeople for those stores said.
Your CBD Store owner Dylan Lyons saw CBD help a friend with Crohn’s Disease, his mom with arthritis and others with anxiety and depression and wanted to spread that healing power to others.
“For me that’s really all that it took, seeing that it was actually helping people,” Lyons said.
A number of other retailers in Greenville are now carrying CBD, as well. Here are some other places you can find it:
Here's a look at where these stores selling cannabidiol products are and why they're popping up in the Upstate.
Sorry, but we are currently blocking access to our site from your IP 220.127.116.11.
This could be the result of either:
1.) We have detected an unusual amount of improper or excessive behavior from this IP or location.
2.) The IP is part of a virtual private network (VPN) to mask your actual IP, or your IP was masked and served a proxy IP.
3.) You are located within the European Union (EU). We are restricting access to all EU countries due to concerns regarding the enforcement by the EU of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
If you believe our view of your activity is unwarranted, please email us at “blocked at b2byellowpages.com”.
Replace the word ‘at’ with @ to ensure proper email format. (The word ‘at’ was used here to prevent spam.)
1. Include the IP we are blocking.
2. Place the word ‘Blocked’ in the subject line.
3. Give an example of a web page you are trying to access. (You can copy and paste from the URL address bar.)