Recipe for CBD Pain Relief Balm
Life can sometimes be a pain in the neck. Fortunately there are many plant allies that can help soothe sore muscles and joints. This CBD -rich balm is meant to penetrate into deeper tissues– with help from natural plant-based permeability enhancers– to help ease pain.
- Kitchen scale
- Spice/coffee grinder
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Double boiler and/or crockpot
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- One medium and several small glass jars for finished oil and topicals, preferably amber or other dark colors for the smaller jars
- I/2 cup CBD topical base oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 2-3 tablespoons beeswax pellets, or clean beeswax, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon menthol crystals (to enhance absorption and effect)
- 6 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 6 drops camphor oil
- Make CBD topical base oil.
- Warm CBD topical oil in a double boiler until just warm.
- Add shea butter, beeswax and menthol crystals and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm.
- Add essential oils and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into small glass jars, label, date and store in a cool, dark place.
Apply liberally to affected areas and rub in until completely absorbed. Use as needed. Discontinue if irritation or allergic reaction occurs.
Other Home Remedy Recipes
- CBD Topical Base Oil
- Anti-Itch Cream
- Antibiotic Salve
- Inflammation & Pain Tincture
- Sleep Aid Tincture
- Stress Relief Tincture
Melinda Misuraca is a Project CBD contributing writer with a past life as an old-school cannabis farmer specializing in CBD -rich cultivars. Her articles have appeared in High Times, Alternet, and several other publications.
Copyright, Project CBD . May not be reprinted without permission.Life can be a pain in the neck. This CBD balm is meant to penetrate into deeper tissues with help from natural permeability enhancers, to help relax muscles dedicated to holding onto life’s stressors. ]]>