Cannabis infused mozzarella cheese
Marijuana edibles are somewhat of an art that once you have mastered can take you almost anywhere you can think of with a little bit of cannabis and a few wholesome ingredients on hand. Most people think of edibles as something that must be small and in some sort of snack form, but cannabis can be added to almost any type of recipe if you know what to use for the tastiest infusion. This particular weed infused cheese allows you to start with a small bag of dry herb as your base of infusion, making it the perfect starting point for beginners who are trying their hand at more sophisticated cannabis dishes. You will need a few things to start, but this mild farmhouse mozzarella pairs well with any cheese-based dish and can even be eaten on its own for a fast and potent dose of THC.
- 4 cups of whole white milk
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 4-5 grams of dry cannabis
- 1 lemon
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- other flavoring
- rosemary crackers
- Quince paste
- bagel chips
- dry bread
- apricot jam
- 1 large measuring cup
- 1 piece of twine
- 1 cooking thermometer
- 2 medium sized mixing bowls
- 1 small pot (and lid)
- 1 glass bowl (one that will rest in the pot comfortably with water)
- 1 cheese bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 spoon
- 1 cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- marijuana grinder
- 1 large sealable mason jar
- 1 saucepan
- 1 strainer
- Preheat an oven to 220 F and cover the cookie sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
- Grind up the dry cannabis using either a grinder or scissors and spread it evenly in the middle of the baking pan.
- Decarboxylate the cannabis by baking it at 220 F for 40 minutes. This converts the psychoactive element THC which will provide your edibles with a potent dose of the euphoric sensations that are expected from consuming marijuana.
- Remove the bud grind from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Now you will need to create your own broiler using a small glass bowl and a small pot. Fill the pot halfway with water and set the burner heat to medium.
- Heat the water over medium heat until it comes to a boil before placing the glass bowl on top.
Do not try to just boil the ingredients as the double broiler is meant to keep the scalding temperatures away from the cheese. Burnt cheese tastes awful, and no one wants that.
- Add 2 cups of whole milk along with the decarboxylated cannabis to the center of the glass bowl and whisk the ingredients together to combine them.
- Place a lid to cover the bowl and allow the milk to cook for two full hours stirring once every 30 minutes to prevent scalding. You may need to add more water, so be sure to keep an eye on the levels throughout the process.
- Place 3-4 layers of cheesecloth over the opening of a large mason jar and fasten it in place using an elastic or a piece of twine.
- Slowly pour the milk through the cheesecloth filter to remove any plant materials that might affect the texture of your marijuana edibles.
- Now you can take the cannabis infused milk and what remains of the whole milk and add them to a saucepan.
- Set the burner to medium heat and bring the liquid up to 175 F. This is the temperature you will need to maintain for a while, so if necessary turn down the heat and move onto the next step once you have a consistent reading of 175 F.
- Now pour in the 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon and add it to the saucepan right before removing it from the heat.
- At this point, curds should begin to form as the curdling process takes place right before your eyes. Leave the mixture for 10-15 minutes for the curds to fully form and settle apart from the whey.
- Line a strainer with 4-5 layers of cheesecloth and carefully use a spoon to remove the curds from the whey placing them a few at a time into the strainer.
- The whey can now be disposed of or store for later use in other recipes, as it does contain about 10% of the total THC content from the cannabis added. Let the curds rest over the strainer for 10-15 minutes. The more liquid that leaves, the easier the rest of the cheesemaking process will be.
- Use a piece of twine to tightly bind the cheesecloth around the curds and attach it to a handle or spoon draped over the pot to allow for more drainage for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes you can unwrap the fresh cannabis cheese and season it with any additional flavors of your preference along with salt and pepper.
- Pack the marijuana infused mozzarella cheese into a container and allow it to sit refrigerated overnight before using or serving.
*Note that this is not a hard brick cheese that can be shredded, and is more of a creamy lumpy cheesy that can be smeared on crackers, added to other cheese dishes, thrown over salad, or anything else that suits your fancy.*
Weed strains that are most recommended for cannabis cheese
If you are simply experimenting for fun at home than you might not care about this aspect, but the flavor of the weed strain you choose will leech into the edibles that are created from it. This means that certain strains will better compliment different flavors. Since cheese is such a popular food there are quite a few recommend marijuana strains for just this type of job, and below you will find a list of the top 30 options to choose from.
Blue Cheese (Indica), Cheese (Hybrid), UK Cheese (Hybrid) , Pineapple Chunk (Hybrid), Bubba OG (Indica), Big Buddha Cheese (Hybrid), Cheese Quake (Hybrid), Blueberry Cheesecake (Hybrid), Dairy Queen (Hybrid), Tangerine (Hybrid), Chiesel (Hybrid), Head Cheese ( Hybrid), Burmese Kush (Hybrid), Grape Kush (Hybrid), Ingrid (Indica), Confidential Cheese (Indica), Exodus Cheese (Hybrid), Strawberry Cheesecake (Indica), Rainbow (Hybrid), Sour Cheese (Hybrid), Arjan’s Strawberry Haze (Sativa), Hippie Crippler (Hybrid), Hog’s Breath (Indica), Sweet Cheese (Sativa), Pineapple Thai (Sativa), OG Cheese (Hybrid), Purple Cheese (Hybrid), Dr. Funk (Indica), Critical Cheese (Hybrid), and Cheesewreck (Hybrid).This weed infused cheese recipe allows you to start with a small bag of dry herb as a base of infusion, making it the perfect starting point for beginners.
- December 14, 2018
- / One Comment
Making cheese is a labor of love. It is well worth the time that it takes as the results are incredible. Cannabis Cheddar Cheese is the combination of two amazing flavors. Imagine the cooking possibilities for this cheese? Follow our recipe to create you very own cannabis cheddar cheese at home.
Let’s consider the possibilities…
The potential of this cheese is a little overwhelming. This is because cheese pairs well with just about anything.
Here is a list of ideas that might convince you to make cannabis cheddar cheese:
1. Cannabis Grilled Cheese
I can almost taste it. Gooey, melty, cannabis cheese between two pieces of golden toast, simmering in cannabutter.
2. Weed Infused Mac & Cheese
Delicious, savory noodles, bubbling canna-cheese with a crispy browning top.
3. Marijuana Nachos
Crunchy, salty, nacho chips with homemade weed cheese smothering over warm ground beef.
Picture this weed infused cheddar oozing out the side of a burger with perfect seasoning and flavor.
This is why you might want to make your own cannabis cheddar cheese:
Cheese making is a historical culinary feat that is widely popular. Perhaps even more so than what is commonly known. There are cheesemaking competitions spanning the entire world. There are even cheese experts, Fromagers, that possess an in depth, astute knowledge of cheese.
Of course, we’re not going to give you the knowledge of a cheesemonger, but we can help you obtain appreciation for the craft.
In addition, creating your cannabis infused cheddar cheese allows you to completely understand and control what is in your cheese. If you pick up a brick of cheese from the grocery store, the ingredients aren’t always clear. Long unfamiliar words and chemical compounds are enough to deter anyone from purchasing a cheese product. Create a cheese that is made with straightforward, whole ingredients.
Start Your Cannabis Cheddar Cheese Now!
Follow this recipe to create an amazing marijuana cheddar cheese. This weed edible is one for the books. Let us know how your recipe turns out on social media, or in the comments below.Make your very own Cannabis Cheddar Cheese. Follow this detailed recipe and create a weed infused cheese that is sure to be delicious. ]]>